Thursday, August 20, 2009

leg elastic tutorial on serged cd's

My fist tut!!!
I love my diaps-
I take very good care of them-
but elastic is elastic and it gets shot.
Problem is these diaps were serged,
not to many out there fix these I found out.
Here's my solution-without a serger.
*Take your dead diaper (or 6 in my case)
1a
*Pick out the stitching on the outside
1b
*(after stitching is all out) Pull the layers apart
1c
*pick a small hole/rip on inner
1d
*(wiggle around with ripper) Hook & Pull elastic out
1e
*Repeat on other side
*Hand sew the tiny holes shut
(maybe 2/3 loops is all)
*Measure the length of where the elastic was
(I used the stitching holes as my markers)
1f
*I cut my elastic half of this measurement,
It says 11in - I cut 5.5in of elastic
*Stitch down ends
(I used the old marks as my guide,
I stitched it between the holes & serged edge)
Photobucket
*Repeat other side
*Fold over slightly one corner
(just above where the elastic is)
1g
Start stitching closed-as it walks pull elastic and diap straight and flat,
the casing gets fatter towards the middle of diap
1h
keep going towards other end
the casing with get smaller again
1i
and you're done
1j
1k

No comments:

Post a Comment