Friday, September 6, 2013

Framed Fairies

Just a few days ago my friend Melissa @ Sew BitterSweet Designs launched her new pattern All Framed Up and I jumped at it. 
I fell in love with this when she debuted it as a block and was hoping she'd make a quilt pattern out of it.
For my quilt I used fabrics from my stash.

Alphabet Fairies. Flower Fairies by Michael
Miller, the green was left over from another project from last fall, the background fabric with dandelions is a piece of Japanese cotton my mom brought back for me, the back is a natural cream.

This took me a few nights to work on but it went together quickly.

 I played a bit by adding in the corner pieces to the back as well as trying out different quilting stitches my machine offers. For the binding I used my backing a tutorial Melissa offers.

I am so happy with MY quilt! 
Yes MINE, this lovely lady with take center stage on my couch.

If you ever make anything that Melissa offers stop on by the Sew BitterSweet Designs Flickr group, I'd love to see your creations.

1 comment:

  1. It is amazing! I just love it so much and the backing you created is phenomenal!!! Thank you for sharing!!!