Tuesday, January 28, 2014

scrappy charm coasters

These are quick and easy and great for those left over charm squares.
I admit these were needed as I seem to have coffee cups & water glasses breeding in my office/sewing room.
 9- 5 in charm squares will make 4 coasters
 cut all in half
 arrange three piles of three halves
 sew together
 cut in half again
 arrange into 9 patch
 sew together
 I arranged each one differently
 cut batting to size and backing an inch bigger on all sides
quilt as desired and use backing as binding

linking to
 Freemotion on the River Linky Party Tuesday
Fresh Squeezed Fabrics Show & Tell Tuesday
Quilt Story Fabric Tuesday

3 comments:

  1. Cute! I have a few small ones laying around, but I think I need to make them bigger (like tabletop sized) so that my husband will actually use them. He usually pushes them out of the way. Bonus for the table top size is it hides all the dust and I don't have to dust LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cute and what a great tutorial!! I know we never have enough coasters! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. These coasters are great! I bet you make placemats as well using this idea! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete