Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Tasty Tuesday- Paleo Pastelon

 Inspiration came from this post/recipe on The Paleo Mom, added to the fact that my husband is Puerto Rican, born & raised on the Island, this is a dish he grew up with.
Well not a clean paleo version......
I did modify the recipe
My modifications were~
used only 1lb beef, 6 eggs, 8x8 pan.
no wine, I subbed olive oil for coconut oil
added chopped green olives, oregano, turmeric, paprika.
I layered plantain,beef,plantain,beef,plantain.
I did not precook my bottom layer of eggs.
I only had to bake for 30mins, if I would have gone longer it would have been burnt.
We served with fresh chimichurro sauce on top and side was garlic green beans.
We ate half and got 4 squares from the other half for lunches this week.
It was delicious!

1 comment: