Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Tasty Tuesday~ Infused Olive Oil

This past holiday season I gifted these Infused Olive Oils.
 They are pretty easy & quick to work up.

If gifting I prep them about a week prior so they can infuse and marry and be ready to use the day of gifting.

You will need:
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
empty glass jars (I recycle syrup jars)
jar lids or corks
whole peppercorn
fresh garlic
fresh rosemary
pot
funnel

 
(I apologize~ I cannot get this picture to turn properly)
 
 I measure oil in jar stopping at the bottom of funnel- I did this three times for three jars worth.
I then pour all oil in pot and cook on low just until it ripples then I turn it off.

As oil is heating I add the peppercorns (10-12), garlic (2-4 cloves sliced in half) & rosemary (2-3 sprigs) to each jar.

I slowly fill jars with oil again, some bubbling may occur, let oil sit and top off the jars in a few minutes if needed.
 Once cooled to room temp, cork or screw on jar lid. Store in cabinet for about a week.

 If using at home you can refill with oil one more time before having to discard the herbs, just fill when oil gets to garlic and store for a week again.

We make these for ourselves often. We top off a salad with it, fry an egg in it, sprinkle some onto tomatoes & cucumbers, even dribble some onto grilled chicken. Options are endless.

linking to Yesterfood  Treasure Box Tuesday

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! I bet this would be good as a dip for bread as well.

    ReplyDelete